If you have read Mastering the Rockefeller Habits by Verne Harnish , CEO of Gazelles, Inc. you know that using the Do The Right Things Right Model is a critical habit that requires well organized data to see your business accurately.
Doing the right things and then making sure you do the right things right is such a simple concept that works - most of us don’t think it can be this easy.
If you did one thing in 2010 for your business, start down the path of understanding whether you are doing the right things and make sure you are doing those things right.
As a business owner, you can’t do it alone. People are one of your most valuable assets. But, you must keep people focused on the right priorities.
If you have signed up for the Corelytics financial dashboard here is a simple way to make sure you get at the financial data you need to start doing the right things right.
Then, spend 1 hour every month on the following
- Upload your data to Corelytics
- Review Leading Indicators to see pace on goals
- Review key performance trends and forecasts – last month, next month, the next 12 months
- Determine the top 3-5 priorities for the month based on what you are seeing
- Assign a person to own each priority – discuss action plans with your people
Make a habit out of doing this and you will see improvement and growth in your business!